Sponsor your parents and grandparents

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if

  • you’re invited to apply
  • you’re at least 18 years old
  • you live in Canada
  • you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • you have enough money to support the people you want to sponsor
    • to show that you have enough, you’ll have to provide your proof of income
    • you may have a spouse or common-law partner co-sign to combine your incomes
  • you meet all other requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

You must also sign an undertaking with the province of Quebec. The length of the undertaking is 10 years for Quebec.